This module covers installing the Windows 10 OS. Students will learn the different editions of Windows 10, requirements, and new features introduced. This module covers how to install the OS, as well as methods for migrations and upgrading. Students will also learn about common tools used in the deployment proces.
- Introducing Windows 10
- Installation Options
- Requirements for Windows Features
- Installation Process and Media
- Upgrading to Windows 10
Lab : Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Migrating User Settings
In this module, Students will learn about keeping Windows 10 up-to-date. Students will be introduced to the new Windows servicing model and how it applies to various scenarios. Students will learn the various different methods for updating Windows and applications, as well as managing updates using tools like group policy and Windows Update for Business.
- Windows Servicing Model
- Updating Windows
- Applying Applications and Windows Updates
Lab : Updating Windows 10
- Configuring Updates for a Single Device
- Configuring Updates with GPOs
Post-installation Configuration and Personalization
This module covers common post-installation tasks in Windows 10. Students will learn how to customize the user interface, as well as using the control panel and settings app to configure common OS settings. This course will also introduce students to Windows PowerShell.
- Customize the Windows 10 UI.
- Configure device specific settings such as power plans and mobile device options.
- Use the Windows control panel and setting app to configure settings.
- Describe using Windows PowerShell.
Lab : Configuring Windows 10
- Using the Settings App
- Using Control Panel Using Control Panel
- Using Windows PowerShell
Configuring Peripherals and Drivers
This module will cover device configuration. Students will learn how device drivers work and how to install them. Students will also be introduced to managing and configuring hardware peripherals such as printers.
- Managing Devices and Drivers
- Managing Printers
In this module, Students will learn about networking concepts. This module will introduce to IPv4 and IPv6, and concepts like DNS. Students will learn how to configure network settings in Windows, as well as learn about wireless network technologies. The module will conclude with methods of managing Windows remotely.
- Configure IP Network Connectivity
- Implement Name Resolution
- Implement Wireless Network Connectivity
- Remote Access Overview
- Remote Management
This module covers storage configuration and management in Windows 10. Students will be introduced to local, cloud and virtual storage options. This course will also cover configuring storage on client devices and introduce storage spaces.Lessons
- Overview of storage options
- Using OneDrive
- Managing Disks, Partitions, and Volumes
- Maintaining Disks and Volumes
- Managing Storage Spaces
Lab : Practice Lab: Managing Storage
- Adding a Disk
- Creating a Simple Volume
- Compressing a Folder
- Enabling Disk Quotas
- Creating a Storage Space
Managing Apps in Windows 10
In this module, Students will be introduced to App management in Windows 10. This module will cover the different types of apps and supported installation methods. Students will learn how to install apps using manual and automated methods, as well as manage app delivery using the Windows Store. Finally, this module will cover the differences between Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Providing Apps to Users
- Managing Universal Windows Apps
- The Windows Store
- Web browsers in Windows 10
Configuring Authorization & Authentication
This module introduces the tools and features of Windows 10 for authorizing access to Windows 10 clients. Students will learn about methods for how users sign-in to Windows 10. This module also covers restricting what users can or cannot do on a device through methods like UAC and account types.
- Using Security Settings to Mitigate Threats
- Configuring User Account Control
- Implementing Device Registration
Configuring Data Access and Usage
In this module, Students will learn about permissions. This module will cover considerations for different files systems. Students will learn how to configure file and folder permissions as well as shared folders. The module will conclude with configuring settings through methods such as local and group policy.
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Managing Security with Policies
Lab : Configuring and Managing Permissions and Shares
- Creating, Managing, and Sharing a Folder
- Using Conditions to Control Access and Effective Permissions
Configuring Advanced Management Tools
This module introduces students to protecting devices from external threats. Students will learn about the different types of common threats. This module will teach students about using encryption, firewalls, and IPSec to help protect against threats. The module will conclude with how to configure and use Windows Defender and AppLocker.
- Configuring Tenant Roles
- Managing Tenant Health and Services
Lab : Practice Lab: Managing Network Security
- Creating and Testing Inbound Rules
- Creating and Testing Outbound Rules
- Creating and Testing Connection Security Rules
- Configuring Windows Defender
Supporting the Windows 10 Environment
This module will cover the Windows 10 architecture and common environments. Students will be introduced to the various tools used in maintaining Windows. This module will also discuss methodologies for effectively troubleshooting issues and how to proactively manage and optimize Windows 10.
- Troubleshooting Windows
- Troubleshooting Tools
Lab : Practice Lab: Monitoring Windows 10
- Monitoring Events
- Monitoring Reliability and Performance
Troubleshooting the Windows OS
In this module, Students will learn how to troubleshoot startup and service issues related to the operating system. This module will teach the different startup and recovery options, and how to troubleshoot different Windows services.
- Troubleshooting Windows Startup
- Troubleshooting Operating System Service Issues
- Troubleshooting Sign-In Issues
Troubleshooting Files & Applications
This module helps students plan for file backup and recovery. Students will learn how to plan and configure data protection strategies and how to perform various file and system recovery methods. This module also includes common methods for troubleshooting application installation issues, compatibility issues, and resolving browser issues.
- File Recovery in Windows 10
- Application Troubleshooting
Lab : Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
- Troubleshooting AppLocker Policy Applications
- Troubleshooting Application Compatibility Issues
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Internet Explorer Issues
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Edge Issues
Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers
This module introduces hardware troubleshooting. Students will learn about driver management and how to troubleshoot devices. Students will also learn steps for troubleshooting system hardware and external peripherals such as USB drives and printers, including diagnostic methods and remediation.
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
Lab : Troubleshooting Device Driver Issues
- Troubleshooting a Missing Device Driver
- Resolving Hardware Problems
- Resolving device driver problem
- Configuring Group Policy Settings to Control Device Installation