- Use Oracle tools to identify inefficient SQL statements.
- Use Automatic SQL Tuning.
- Use Real Time SQL monitoring.
- Write more efficient SQL statements.
- Monitor and trace high load SQL statements.
- Manage optimizer statistics on database objects.
- Interpret execution plans, and the different ways in which data can be accessed.
Benefits to You
Gain expertise in relational database data management as you learn how to effectively use SQL commands against your business data. These features will help you query and manipulate data within the database, use the dictionary views to retrieve metadata and create reports about their schema objects.
Explore the Optimizer
Expert instructors will also help you explore how the optimizer chooses the path. You’ll also learn how to influence the optimizer to ensure the best method is used.
Automatic SQL Tuning Tools
This course covers Automatic SQL Tuning tools and resources available in the Automatic Workload Repository. Furthermore, take advantage of bind variables, trace files and different types of indexes.
Note: this course is based on Oracle Database 11g Release 2.