- Analyze and compare your source and target environments.
- Migrate PL/SQL objects, tables, and views by using SQL Developer.
- Use the unplug/plug method to migrate an on-premises database to Database Cloud Service.
- Clone an on-premises database into a Database Cloud Service CDB.
- Explore the RMAN backup and restore mechanism.
- Identify the cloud tooling features available for database administration.
- Describe advanced migration methods using Data Guard, GoldenGate and Lift & Shift.
Benefits to You
You will benefit from interactive sessions that cover these areas:
- Database Deployment: instructors will provide an overview of what the Oracle Public Cloud offers in terms of services. Learn how to sign in to an Oracle Public Cloud account and create a database deployment. With this you can setup test/dev environment on Oracle Database Cloud Service.
- Migration: develop a deeper understanding of the benefits of migrating an on-premises database to Oracle Database Cloud Service. Review migration methods, including RMAN, Data Pump, unplug/plug, remote cloning, and SQL Developer. Furthermore, learn migration using advanced methods including Oracle Data Guard, Golden Gate and Database Lift & Shift. With this you can plan your cloud migration strategy and also create secure and reliable database deployments.
- Cloud Tooling: you’ll learn how Cloud Tooling will assist you in database patching, backup/recovery and monitoring. This will help you better manage your administrative tasks and also improved SLAs.