In this workshop, you will gain a better understanding of how new features of SQL Server 2019 enables more Big Data and analytics capabilities through the use of Big Data Clusters, data virtualization and orchestration, query processing enhancements, and through better scalability through distributed storage and compute.
- This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services.
- Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
At the end of this workshop, you will be better able:
- Design a modernization plan for performing Big Data analytics using SQL Server 2019 capabilities
- Build solutions for conducting advanced data analytics with scalable SQL Server 2019 Big Data clusters
Whiteboard Design Session – Modernizing Data Analytics with SQL Server 2019
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Hands-On Lab – Modernizing Data Analytics with SQL Server 2019
- Using data virtualization
- Using notebooks
- Machine learning
- Identify PII and GDPR-related compliance issues using Data Discovery & Classification in SSMS
- Exploring intelligent query processing (QP) features
- Monitoring the big data cluster