In this workshop, the student will gain experience designing solutions using Azure business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) technologies. Three different types of environments will be examined.
The first will consist of on-premises VMs running applications that will be migrated to Azure IaaS. Next, Azure IaaS applications that need to be failed over from either on-premises to Azure or between two Azure Regions. Finally, the use of automated failover technologies built into Azure PaaS services App Service and SQL Database will be used for PaaS applications.
- This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services.
- Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
At the end of this workshop, you will be better able to leverage various Azure technologies together to build a complex and robust IaaS BCDR plan.
Whiteboard Design Session – Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Hands-on lab – Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Deploy Azure environments
- Configure BCDR services
- Configure environments for failover
- Simulate failovers