With HCIA certification, you demonstrate a basic understanding of small and medium-sized networks, including general network technologies, and the ability to assist the design of small and medium-sized networks, and implement the designs using Huawei routing and switching devices.
- Those who wish to become a Huawei Certified ICT Associate.
- For those who possess basic IT skills, but lack knowledge of IP networks.
- A working knowledge of IT technologies.
On completion of this program, the participants will be able to:
- Navigate and manage Huawei products through the virtual routing platform (VRP).
- Build efficient data switching environments through the management of switching products and manipulation of related (STP/RSTP) link layer protocols.
- Explain the principles of routing and configure (RIP/OSPF) routing protocols for implementation and support of effective enterprise network routing solutions.
- Establish solutions for enterprise network administration and management through application layer services including DHCP, FTP and Telnet.
- Establish a fundamental network capable of supporting basic communications.
- Enhance link layer performance the through implementation of features and services including link aggregation, VLAN technologies and GVRP.
- Manage and support Wide Area Network communications over serial links for a range of technologies including HDLC, PPP, PPPoE and Frame Relay.
- Apply Network Address Translation (NAT) solutions for private networks.
- Provide effective IP security solutions using various security architectures including Access Control Lists (ACL), AAA, and IPSec with GRE support solutions.
- Describe solutions for unified enterprise network management, including SNMP and Huawei eSight NMS technology solutions.
- Establish truly business capable enterprise networks for real-world industries.
- Building Basic IP Networks
- Huawei Device Navigation and Configuration
- Supporting and Maintaining Enterprise Local Area Networks
- Establishing Internetwork Communication
- Implementing Network Application Services
- Local Enterprise Network Features and Services
- Connecting Beyond the Enterprise Network
- Securing the Enterprise Network
- Enterprise Network Management Solutions
- Supporting IPv6 Networks
Building Basic IP Networks
- Enterprise Network Constructs
- Ethernet Framing
- IP Addressing
- Internet Control Message Protocol
- Address Resolution Protocol
- Transport Layer Protocols
- Data Forwarding Scenario
Huawei Device Navigation and Configuration
- Expanding the Huawei Enterprise Network
- Navigating the CLI
- File System Navigation and Management
- VRP Operating System Image Management
Supporting and Maintaining Enterprise Local Area Networks
- Establishing a Single Switched Network
- Spanning Tree Protocol
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
Establishing Internetwork Communication
- Segmenting the IP Network
- IP Static Routes
- Distance Vector Routing with RIP
- Link State Routing with OSPF
Implementing Network Application Services
- DHCP Protocol Principles
- FTP Protocol Principles
- Telnet Protocol Principles
Local Enterprise Network Features and Services
- Link Aggregation
- VLAN Principles
- GARP & GVRP
- Wireless LAN Overview
Connecting Beyond the Enterprise Network
- Bridging Enterprise Networks with Serial WAN Technology
- Frame Relay Principles
- Establishing DSL Networks with PPPoE
- Network Address Translation
- Establishing Enterprise Radio Access Network Solutions
Securing the Enterprise Network
- Access Control Lists
- Securing Data with IPSec VPN
- Generic Route Encapsulation
Enterprise Network Management Solutions
- Simple Network Management Protocol
- eSight Network Management Solutions
Supporting IPv6 Networks
- Introducing IPv6 Networks
- IPv6 Routing Technologies
- IPv6 Application Services – DHCPv6