Learn the purpose, benefits, concepts, and vocabulary of DevSecOps including DevOps security strategies and business benefits.
As companies deploy code faster and more often than ever, new vulnerabilities are also accelerating. When the boss says, “Do more with less”, DevOps practices adds business and security value as an integral, strategic component. Delivering development, security, and operations at the speed of business should be an essential component for any modern enterprise.
Course topics covered include how DevSecOps provides business value, enhancing your business opportunities, and improving corporate value. The core DevSecOps principles taught can support an organizational transformation, increase productivity, reduce risk, and optimize resource usage.
This course explains how DevOps security practices differ from other approaches then delivers the education needed to apply changes to your organization. Participants learn the purpose, benefits, concepts, vocabulary and applications of DevSecOps. Most importantly, students learn how DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization. At the course’s end, participants will understand “security as code” to make security and compliance value consumable as a service.
No course would be complete without practical application and this course teaches the steps to integrate security programs from the developers and operators through the business C-level. Every stakeholder plays a part and the learning material highlights how professionals can use these tools as the primary means of protecting the organization and customer through multiple case studies, video presentations, discussion options, and exercise material to maximize learning value. These real-life scenarios create tangible takeaways participants can leverage upon their return to the home office.
This course positions learners to pass the DevSecOps Foundation exam. The exam is included in this course: participants must redeem the exam voucher and schedule their exam within 60 days of the beginning of the course.
- Eighteen (18) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Exam Voucher
Web-based, open book examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions with a 60 minute duration. Successful passing (65% score) leads to the candidate’s designation as DevSecOps Foundation (DSOF) certified. The certification is governed and maintained by DevOps Institute.
Benefits for Individuals
- Understanding the contribution of DevSecOps to GRC and delivering business value
- Understanding that security and speed in software development are not inversely-related objectives
- Internalizing the contribution of tools and automation in DevSecOps
- Understanding the role of culture in shifting security left
Benefits for Organizations
- Developing software that is secure by design
- Improved assurance of meeting security, compliance, legal and regulatory requirements
- Frictionless relationship between security professionals and developers
- Better formed, scalable, and speed-aware security practices