Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modelling
This module introduces key BI concepts and the Microsoft BI product suite.
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- The Microsoft business intelligence platform
Lab : Exploring a Data Warehouse
Creating Multidimensional Databases
This module describes the steps required to create a multidimensional database with analysis services.
- Introduction to multidimensional analysis
- Creating data sources and data source views
- Creating a cube
- Overview of cube security
Lab : Creating a multidimensional database
Working with Cubes and Dimensions
This module describes how to implement dimensions in a cube.
- Configuring dimensions
- Define attribute hierarchies
- Sorting and grouping attributes
Lab : Working with Cubes and Dimensions
Working with Measures and Measure Groups
This module describes how to implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
- Working with measures
- Working with measure groups
Lab : Configuring Measures and Measure Groups
Introduction to MDX
This module describes the MDX syntax and how to use MDX.
- MDX fundamentals
- Adding calculations to a cube
- Using MDX to query a cube
Lab : Using MDX
Customizing Cube Functionality
This module describes how to customize a cube.
- Implementing key performance indicators
- Implementing actions
- Implementing perspectives
- Implementing translations
Lab : Customizing a Cube
Implementing a Tabular Data Model by Using Analysis Services
This module describes how to implement a tabular data model in PowerPivot.
- Introduction to tabular data models
- Creating a tabular data model
- Using an analysis services tabular model in an enterprise BI solution
Lab : Working with an Analysis services tabular data model
Introduction to Data Analysis Expression (DAX)
This module describes how to use DAX to create measures and calculated columns in a tabular data model.
- DAX fundamentals
- Using DAX to create calculated columns and measures in a tabular data model
Lab : Creating Calculated Columns and Measures by using DAX
Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
This module describes how to use data mining for predictive analysis.
- Overview of data mining
- Using the data mining add-in for Excel
- Creating a custom data mining solution
- Validating a data mining model
- Connecting to and consuming a data mining model
Lab : Perform Predictive Analysis with Data Mining