Identity services in Windows Server
This module introduces identity services and describes Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a Windows Server environment. The module describes how to deploy domain controllers in AD DS, as well as Azure Active Directory (AD) and the benefits of integrating Azure AD with AD DS. The module also covers Group Policy basics and how to configure group policy objects (GPOs) in a domain environment.
- Introduction to AD DS
- Manage AD DS domain controllers and FSMO roles
- Implement Group Policy Objects
- Manage advanced features of AD DS
- Lab : Implementing identity services and Group Policy
Implementing identity in hybrid scenarios
This module discusses how to configure an Azure environment so that Windows IaaS workloads requiring Active Directory are supported. The module also covers integration of on-premises Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) environment into Azure. Finally, the module explains how to extend an existing Active Directory environment into Azure by placing IaaS VMs configured as domain controllers onto a specially configured Azure virtual network (VNet) subnet.
- Implement hybrid identity with Windows Server
- Deploy and manage Azure IaaS Active Directory domain controllers in Azure
- Lab : Implementing integration between AD DS and Azure AD
Windows Server administration
This module describes how to implement the principle of least privilege through Privileged Access Workstation (PAW) and Just Enough Administration (JEA). The module also highlights several common Windows Server administration tools, such as Windows Admin Center, Server Manager, and PowerShell. This module also describes the post-installation confguration process and tools available to use for this process, such as sconfig and Desired State Configuration (DSC).
- Perform Windows Server secure administration
- Describe Windows Server administration tools
- Perform post-installation configuration of Windows Server
- Just Enough Administration in Windows Server
- Lab : Managing Windows Server
Facilitating hybrid management
This module covers tools that facilitate managing Windows IaaS VMs remotely. The module also covers how to use Azure Arc with on-premises server instances, how to deploy Azure policies with Azure Arc, and how to use role-based access control (RBAC) to restrict access to Log Analytics data.
- Administer and manage Windows Server IaaS virtual machines remotely
- Manage hybrid workloads with Azure Arc
- Lab : Using Windows Admin Center in hybrid scenarios
Hyper-V virtualization in Windows Server
This modules describes how to implement and configure Hyper-V VMs and containers. The module covers key features of Hyper-V in Windows Server, describes VM settings, and how to configure VMs in Hyper-V. The module also covers security technologies used with virtualization, such as shielded VMs, Host Guardian Service, admin-trusted and TPM-trusted attestation, and Key Protection Service (KPS). Finally, this module covers how to run containers and container workloads, and how to orchestrate container workloads on Windows Server using Kubernetes.
- Configure and manage Hyper-V
- Configure and manage Hyper-V virtual machines
- Secure Hyper-V workloads
- Run containers on Windows Server
- Orchestrate containers on Windows Server using Kubernetes
- Lab : Implementing and configuring virtualization in Windows Server
Deploying and configuring Azure VMs
This module describes Azure compute and storage in relation to Azure VMs, and how to deploy Azure VMs by using the Azure portal, Azure CLI, or templates. The module also explains how to create new VMs from generalized images and use Azure Image Builder templates to create and manage images in Azure. Finally, this module describes how to deploy Desired State Configuration (DSC) extensions, implement those extensions to remediate noncompliant servers, and use custom script extensions.
- Plan and deploy Windows Server IaaS virtual machines
- Customize Windows Server IaaS virtual machine images
- Automate the configuration of Windows Server IaaS virtual machines
- Lab : Deploying and configuring Windows Server on Azure VMs
Network infrastructure services in Windows Server
This module describes how to implement core network infrastructure services in Windows Server, such as DHCP and DNS. This module also covers how to implement IP address managment and how to use Remote Access Services.
- Deploy and manage DHCP
- Implement Windows Server DNS
- Implement IP address management
- Implement remote access
- Lab : Implementing and configuring network infrastructure services in Windows Server
Implementing hybrid networking infrastructure
This module describes how to connect an on-premises environment to Azure and how to configure DNS for Windows Server IaaS virtual machines. The module covers how to choose the appropriate DNS solution for your organization’s needs, and run a DNS server in a Windows Server Azure IaaS VM. Finally, this module covers how to manage manage Microsoft Azure virtual networks (VNets) and IP address configuration for Windows Server infrastructure as a service (IaaS) virtual machines.
- Implement hybrid network infrastructure
- Implement DNS for Windows Server IaaS VMs
- Implement Windows Server IaaS VM IP addressing and routing
- Lab : Implementing Windows Server IaaS VM networking
File servers and storage management in Windows Server
This module covers the core functionality and use cases of file server and storage management technologies in Windows Server. The module discusses how to configure and manage the Windows File Server role, and how to use Storage Spaces and Storage Spaces Direct. This module also covers replication of volumes between servers or clusters using Storage Replica.
- Manage Windows Server file servers
- Implement Storage Spaces and Storage Spaces Direct
- Implement Windows Server Data Deduplication
- Implement Windows Server iSCSI
- Implement Windows Server Storage Replica
- Lab : Implementing storage solutions in Windows Server
Implementing a hybrid file server infrastructure
This module introduces Azure file services and how to configure connectivity to Azure Files. The module also covers how to deploy and implement Azure File Sync to cache Azure file shares on an on-premises Windows Server file server. This module also describes how to manage cloud tiering and how to migrate from DFSR to Azure File Sync.
- Overview of Azure file services
- Implementing Azure File Sync
- Lab : Implementing Azure File Sync