In this workshop, you will learn how to design a hybrid cloud architecture using a combination of the Azure public cloud and Azure Stack.
This functional architecture will enable customers to leverage their investments in Azure as a “cloud platform,” rather than Azure as a “place.” You will learn to determine which systems are good candidates for the Azure public cloud and which are better suited on Azure Stack.
- This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services.
- Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
At the end of this workshop, you will be better able to recommend and design hybrid cloud systems that leverage one application and deployment model, Azure.
In addition, you will learn to understand when the Azure public cloud versus Azure Stack is appropriate based on customer requirements, describe possible integrations between Azure public cloud solutions and Azure Stack, understand the taxonomy of Azure Stack (tenants, regions, subscriptions, offers, plans, services and quotas), describe the resource providers that are available for use with Azure Stack, and design and deploy hybrid connectivity between Azure public cloud and Azure Stack.
Whiteboard Design Session – Azure Stack
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Hands-on Lab – Azure Stack
- Configure Azure Stack
- Deploy the SQL Hosting Server and DB on Azure Stack
- Deploy Contoso Financial Web Application
- Deploy the customer offers Web API
- Automating backend processes with Azure functions
- Deploy Contoso Finance Admin website