Configure Field Service
In this introductory module, we will introduce key concepts of Dynamics 365 Field Service, including products, services, and tax codes.
- Introduction to configuring Field Service
- Defining products and services
- Defining tax codes
Resource Scheduling Configuration
In this module, we will explore the concept of resource scheduling, and learn how to configure the system to schedule resources efficiently.
- Mapping and location information
- Configuring resource components
- Defining account preferences
Defining and Configuring Bookable Resources
In this module, we will learn how to create and manage bookable resources, including resource pools and crews.
- Defining bookable resources
- Resource pools, crews and facilities
In this module, we will learn how incidents can improve the scheduling efficiency and consistency of your organization.
- Creating an incident
- Using service tasks
Inventory and Work Order Management
In this module, we will learn how to create and use work orders to schedule resources.
- Configure Field Service work orders
- Creating work orders
- Managing work orders
Field Service Agreements
In this module, we will introduce agreements, and learn how to configure them for your organization.
- Using Field Service agreements
- Set up bookings
- Set up invoices
Inventory and Purchasing
In this module, we will learn about management of customer assets.
- Manage customer assets
- Manage inventory
- Purchasing and returns
Field Service Mobile
In this module, we will learn how to use and configure the Field Service Mobile application for a mobile workforce.
- Mobile client overview
- Install and deploy Field Service mobile projects
- Manage mobile projects
- Deploy the mobile client
Universal Resource Scheduling
In this module, we will introduce the concept of Universal Resource Scheduling, and describe how it can be leveraged for an organization.
- URS overview and configuration
- Enabling entities for URS
- Customize entities for URS
Managing Scheduling Options
In this module, we will learn how to use the schedule board to reschedule, substitute resources, and schedule pools and crews.
- Using the schedule board
- Schedule items
- Rescheduling and substituting resources
- Crew and pool scheduling
Customizing the Schedule Board
In this module, we will learn how to configure the schedule board to best meet the organization or scheduler’s needs.
- Configure the board
- Create additional schedule boards
- Use views to enhance the schedule board
- Configuring schedule board queries and filters
- Working with requirement groups
Advanced Scheduling Options
In this module, we will dive deeper into the options for customizing the scheduling of work orders based on unique business requirements.
- Working with resource scheduling optimization
- Defining optimization goals
- Defining optimization scopes
- Defining optimization profiles
- Single resource scheduling