This program addresses all the stages involved in incident handling and the response process to enhances your skills as an incident handler and responder, increasing your employability. This approach makes E|CIH one of the most comprehensive incident handling and response related certifications on the market today.
The skills taught in EC-Council’s E|CIH program are desired by cybersecurity professionals from around the world and is respected by employers.
The Purpose of E|CIH is:
- To enable individuals and organizations with the ability to handle and respond to different types of cybersecurity incidents in a systematic way.
- To ensure that organization can identify, contain, and recover from an attack.
- To reinstate regular operations of the organization as early as possible and mitigate the negative impact on the business operations.
- To be able to draft security policies with efficacy and ensure that the quality of services is maintained at the agreed levels.
- To minimize the loss and after-effects breach of the incident.
- For individuals: To enhance skills on incident handling and boost their employability.
How E|CIH Benefits Individuals
- Gain Access to new, advanced Labs: The E|CIH Program comes with access to over 50 labs, 800 tools, and 4 OSs
- Compliant with Major Industry Frameworks: 100% Complaint with the NICE 2.0 Framework and the CREST Framework
- Comprehensive Templates Available: A large array of templates, check lists, and cheat sheets
O curso inclui o respetivo exame de certificação.
The incident handling skills taught in E|CIH are complementary to the job roles below as well as many other cybersecurity jobs:
- Penetration Testers
- Vulnerability Assessment Auditors
- Risk Assessment Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Application Security Engineers
- Cyber Forensic Investigators/ Analyst and SOC Analyst
- System Administrators/Engineers
- Firewall Administrators and Network Managers/IT Managers
E|CIH is a specialist-level program that caters to mid-level to high-level cybersecurity professionals. In order to increase your chances of success, it is recommended that you have at least 1 year of experience in the cybersecurity domain.
Learning Objectives of E|CIH Program:
- Understand the key issues plaguing the information security world
- Learn to combat different types of cybersecurity threats, attack vectors, threat actors and their motives
- Learn the fundamentals of incident management including the signs and costs of an incident
- Understand the fundamentals of vulnerability management, threat assessment, risk management, and incident response automation and orchestration
- Master all incident handling and response best practices, standards, cybersecurity frameworks, laws, acts, and regulations
- Decode the various steps involved in planning an incident handling and response program
- Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of computer forensics and forensic readiness
- Comprehend the importance of the first response procedure including evidence collection, packaging, transportation, storing, data acquisition, volatile and static evidence collection, and evidence analysis
- Understand anti-forensics techniques used by attackers to find cybersecurity incident cover-ups
- Apply the right techniques to different types of cybersecurity incidents in a systematic manner including malware incidents, email security incidents, network security incidents, web application security incidents, cloud security incidents, and insider threat-related incidents
Prepare to Handle and Respond to Security Incidents:
Organizations are under constant attacks and with the knowledge and skills found in the E|CIH program, professionals can now not only detect incidents, but also quickly manage and respond holistically to these incidents.
E|CIH is a highly interactive, comprehensive, high-standard, intensive 3-day training program that teaches information security professionals to behave professional incident handlers and gain a distinct identity than other security professionals. The program teaches all the necessary components of incident handling, containment and reinstating the IT infrastructure.
The E|CIH exam can be attempted after the completion of the official E|CIH course taught either by any EC-Council Authorized Training Center (ATCs) or by EC-Council directly. Candidates that successfully pass the exam will receive the E|CIH certificate and membership privileges. Members are required to adhere to the policies of EC-Council’s Continuing Education Policy.
- Introduction to Incident Handling and Response
- Incident Handling and Response Process
- Forensic Readiness and First Response
- Handling and Responding to Malware Incidents
- Handling and Responding to Email Security Incidents
- Handling and Responding to Network Security Incidents
- Handling and Responding to Web Application Security Incidents
- Handling and Responding to Cloud Security Incidents
- Handling and Responding to Insider Threats